Friday, September 01, 2006

REJOICING IN REFINING

A dear brother preached a short message one recent Sunday morning. Such a simple message it was. But oh who deep the simple truth can cut-right to the heart, my own heart. When we go through testing, when we are squeezed, put under pressure--what comes out of my heart? Do I rejoice as the impurities come to the surface? Do I gladly ask the Master to skim of the dross or do I excuse it, hide it, stir it back in?

The Lord placed in my heart a simple poem and prayer. I don't normal share things like this, but I have felt impressed to do so.

Oh Lord, lay me bare,
Let me not cling to the unclean sin there.
Take my heart make it pure,
Let my desire be to love, not just endure.
As you make me to die to self,
Making me fit for eternity’s wealth.
Tear my grip on this life of mine,
Gladly surrender it to my Lord divine.
Others will see as I am put to the test,
Am I really different from the rest?
Take my self righteous pride,
And show me what’s really inside
Purify my heart and all of me
Let my life give glory only to THEE!

Rejoice as God shows you things that must be abandon. Follow the Lord-pursue holiness.

1 Peter 1:6-7 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

No comments: